I want the lot of what you've got, and I want nothing that you're not

Here it is.  Our last day.  I was so worried that I would only get 98% through this blog and not finish!  It’s Aidan’s birthday.  Nine years old.  He has grown taller over the last seven weeks.  I hope he remembers this trip.  He’s a little young, and some day he’ll read this blog and think that I was on a completely different trip than the one he was on.



We started off in fine style.  Down to the Four Seasons Dining Room for breakfast.  The waiter learns it’s Aidan’s birthday and decides to bring out this as a surprise:


Next up a couple hours at the swimming pool, followed by a ride on the “Dublin Eye” Ferris wheel.  Again, like London’s, but smaller.  At the top of the loop, we spy THIS - what the what?  I promise you there are no Dukes in Dublin, not Daisy, Beau or Luke.    Then we move on to an early dinner at the Dublin Hard Rock, also like London’s, but uh, but not as big.  

I’m sensing a theme here.  Dublin is best enjoyed when you’re doing something London doesn’t have, I think.   It has charms of its own and it doesn't need to compete.  

We follow up with a walk around Temple Bar and Grafton.  Then head back for some ice cream, generously scooped for Aidan by Murphy’s of Dingle.  Then on to the Traditional Irish Music Pub Crawl.

Whoops, not so fast.  Under the heading of things you could have told me five minutes ago,  apparently Riley had been out of sorts for the last few hours.  Not thirty seconds after buying our tickets, she tells us that she thinks she’s going to be sick.  We beg for our money back and take her to the hotel.  So the night ends a little early, but it’s all good.  

The kids are both asleep within the next hour and Ken and I chill while we wait for the morning to greet us.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments