All that you can't leave behind

After three weeks of soaking up Irish history and culture we head off to the airport at 7am.  This will be a long, long day as we regain our lost 8 hours, and all of it is spent in the air.  We have to fly through Atlanta, as payment for that sweet Paris-direct nonstop flight in the beginning.  We should get home around 9pm, which will be 5am the next morning for our European set bio-rhythms.  
Photo: landing in Cork by Riley
I'm sitting on the plane, watching Ireland pull away from me at 465 miles per hour.  The countryside is like a Mandelbrot fractal, or one of those powers of ten videos.  As you zoom in from outer space, the mixtures of the various greens, and all the colors woven into the quilt of the land expand and repeat.  A photographer's dream, the light changes constantly.  It is nothing like the rest of the EU countries and that is hopefully an advantage.  I hope the country is able to hold onto its unique Irish character and culture as it wrests the economy out of a difficult situation.  But that conversation is for another day.



 Only 20 short hours after takeoff:  Hello Seattle!
Now what?  I guess the vacation blog is done.  I am so glad (relieved) I stuck it out and was able to publish everything.  I hope others have enjoyed reading my twisted take on things as much as I have enjoyed writing it.  I have so much left unsaid and I have hundreds of pictures that you haven't seen.  
I can't wait to get home.  I can't wait to come back.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments